More arts and entertainment
- Check out Robin Leach's VegasDeLuxe.com for more celebrity and A&E coverage.
Since the unveiling of the “Abbey Road Traveling Experience” at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas at the Venetian on Monday, Beatles fans have been quick to point out that the fantastic wax replicas of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, the late George Harrison and Ringo Starr are out of order in the re-creation of the “Abbey Road” album cover, as one can see in the Fab Four photo gallery by contributing photographer Erik Kabik.
Well, that’s because they were set up out of order intentionally. The exhibit and experience, on display through May 28, are interactive, and fans are invited to test their knowledge and identify the six major differences between the iconic album cover and the exhibit.
SPOILER ALERT: Stop reading immediately and click to the photo gallery of Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil’s new strip club Vince Neil’s Girls, Girls, Girls’ soft opening to avoid reading the answers.
OK, here are the six:
1. On the album cover, the order is Lennon, Starr, McCartney and Harrison. In the exhibit, it’s Lennon, McCartney, Harrison and Starr.
2. On the album cover, McCartney is holding a cigarette. In the exhibit, he is not holding a cigarette.
3. On the album cover, McCartney is barefoot. In the exhibit, he is wearing flip-flops.
4. On the album cover, Harrison is wearing white shoes. In the exhibit, his shoes are brown.
5. On the album cover, the Beatles are walking across a street. In the exhibit, they are walking across a piano decal.
6. The backdrop in the exhibit is contemporary.
Don Chareunsy is editor of VegasDeLuxe.com and arts and entertainment editor of LasVegasSun.com.
Robin Leach has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past decade giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.
Follow VDLX Editor Don Chareunsy on Twitter at Twitter.com/VDLXEditorDon.
Follow Robin Leach on Twitter at Twitter.com/Robin_Leach.
Follow Vegas DeLuxe on Twitter at Twitter.com/vegasdeluxe.