1. Sound = yuck. Openers Imagine Dragons and White Rabbits were crystal clear. What’s up Interpol sound guy?
2. Why does Paul Banks sound like me trying to sing like Paul Banks? Tinny and missing his usual live boom.
3. Interpol’s so much less interesting to watch without Carlos D. I’m a big fan of David Pajo, but that could be anyone playing bass up there.
4. Security can’t stop three jokers from getting onstage (one causes Banks to botch lyrics to “Obstacle 1”) yet warns a happy jumping dude on the floor to “stay on the ground” ... wtf?
5. Walked around venue, sound bad all over. And not just the mix. The band sounds ragged—nothing like the other six times I’ve seen ’em. R.I.P. Interpol?