1. Singer Rob Halford doesn’t wait to break out his trademark wail (he hits those piercing high notes during opener “Rapid Fire”), but it does sound a little threadbare at times.
2. Although this alleged farewell tour is the band’s first minus founding member K.K. Downing, he doesn’t warrant a mention. Replacement guitarist Richie Faulkner ably fills in, and has clearly gotten the dress-code memo (leather with metallic accents).
3. “We’re going to do our best to take you through 40 years of Judas Priest heavy metal,” Halford promises. Way to make the audience feel old.
4. For “Prophecy,” from the awesomely ridiculous 2008 concept album Nostradamus, Halford dons a shiny wizard’s robe and carries a staff fashioned after the band’s trident logo. Of course, it shoots sparks.
5. Sure, everyone here knows the words to “Breaking the Law,” but that’s no excuse for letting the crowd sing the entire song while Halford just stands there.