1. In the battle for Fremont East bar supremacy, Beauty Bar is the only saloon that can claim a giant tire lying down by the soundboard in the backyard. Yep, that’s a thing. Suck it, hidden seesaw at Park!
2. Singer John Paul Pitts has a really floral voice. If this rock ’n’ roll thing doesn’t work out, he has a bright future in a Tabernacle choir somewhere.
3. File under the lamest crowd walk-through ever: As Pitts strolled though the mostly apathetic crowd, he appeared just as indifferent, in what was the least interactive crowd-band meeting I can recall. In a way, it’s admirable that he defeated the entire purpose of the crowd walk-through as he was doing it.
4. Welcome back, Chefini! The Colombian hot dog man (can you spend a better $3 late night?) has returned to his spot outside of Emergency Arts after a long absence. Don’t forget to get the pineapple sauce.
5. “Swim” (2009) is still one of the catchiest tunes from the past few years. In an otherwise unspectacular set, this was the standout.
BONUS: Surfer Blood was once known as Jabroni Sandwich, giving them two equally awesome band names.