1. Maybe all the hoopla over the Sahara becoming SLS and Echelon becoming Resorts World drowned out the news that Bill’s Gamblin’ Hall is becoming Gansevoort. Or maybe it’s because Gansevoort is a weird name we didn’t know how to pronounce. (It’s gan-suh-vort, not to be confused with Voldemort.)
2. Gansevoort operates luxury hotels in the Meatpacking District and on Park Avenue in New York City, plus one in the Caribbean Turks and Caicos islands. So yeah, Bill’s is gonna get fancy—completely redesigned, Parisian-style hotel rooms and casino space, a spa, a rooftop dayclub and nightclub.
3. I’ve been on that roof a couple times, and the views are pretty sweet. Victor Drai, granddaddy of the afterhours scene, will be opening the nightlife venues.
4. Gansevoort Las Vegas is set to open in early 2014, meaning it’ll arrive well before SLS or Resorts World.
5. Kim Kardashian moved into the Gansevoort Park Avenue with then-husband (still sort of husband?) Kris Humphries in 2011 while filming one of her bazillion reality TV shows. Hopefully she’s not loyal to the brand.