The D Las Vegas is the new revved-up name for a longtime downtown Las Vegas hotel, Fitzgeralds, which had been in operation since 1987.
Owner Derek Stevens rebranded and refurbished the hotel in fall 2012 to give it a motor city theme, using the nickname of his beloved city, Detroit, for the name of the new hotel. He also brought in two restaurant favorites from Detroit: American Coney Island and Joe Vicari's Andiamo Italian Steakhouse.
The property features 638 remodeled contemporary rooms and suites. The unique two-level casino included slots and table games. Dancing dealers are featured on the first floor. And the second floor transports guests back in time to old-school Vegas with its Vintage Casino.
The casino also features the LONGBAR, the longest bar in Nevada, where sports fans can watch games on big screen TVs. Outside on Fremont Street, D Bar invites guests and passerby alike to enjoy refreshing frozen libations and specialty cocktails as talented, trickster bartenders send bottles and glasses flying through the air.
The Showroom at the D features the interactive comedy show, "Marriage Can Be Murder," where guests can be part of the mystery.
- Fremont East District
- Who needs the Strip? Fremont East District in downtown Las Vegas offers a happening nightlife and cultural scene without the crowd and clutter of the mega-resorts on the Strip. Beauty Bar offers plenty of ... MORE >
- Fremont Street Experience
- Legendary casinos, free entertainment, old-fashioned gambling hospitality – this is the vintage Vegas of the Fremont Street Experience. Some say it's almost intimate. You may even run into one of the casino owners while you ... MORE >
- A part of Fremont Street Experience, Neonopolis features shopping, restaurants and a movie theater. MORE >
|Hotel||Y||The D Las Vegas|
|Sports Book||Y||Seats 20. 10 televisions.|
|Convention Facilities||Y||On the 12th floor, there is a ballroom. 8,000 square feet. One ballroom and four meeting rooms. Can accommodate groups of up to 300 people.|
|Hotel Room Internet||Y||$9.99 for a daily pass for one device at standard speeds, $21.99 for a three-day pass for one device at standard speeds and $14.99 for two devices for broadband speeds, and $29.99 for two devices at broadband speeds.|
|Casino Wireless Internet||Y||$9.99 for a daily pass for one device at standard speeds, $21.99 for a three-day pass for one device at standard speeds and $14.99 for two devices for broadband speeds, and $29.99 for two devices at broadband speeds.|
|Wheelchair Accessible Rooms||Y|
|Self-Parking Garage||Y||Guests can get their parking validated. Valet is also available for hotel guests.|
|Airport Shuttle||Y||Call for details.|
|Remote Baggage Check-in||N|
|On-Site Catering||Y||Call for details.|
|Players Club||Y||Club D|
Nightclub & Bars
- Fremont Street Experience
- Legendary casinos, free entertainment, old-fashioned gambling hospitality – this is the vintage Vegas of the Fremont Street Experience. Some say it's almost intimate. You may even run into one of the casino owners while you sit at the blackjack table. Some say it's the free entertainment that makes us vintage. On any given night you may see famous bands, strolling showgirls, or an amazing saxophone performance. Some say it's the history. Las Vegas started 100 years ago in 1905 near the corner of Fremont and Main Streets. Fremont Street was the first paved street. The Fremont Hotel opened 50 years ago and launched the careers of famous entertainers like Wayne Newton. Others say it's the service. A dining experience at Hugo's Cellar inside the Four Queens is unrivaled and renowned. And we can't forget the gambling. Test your fortune at The Lady Luck or Fitzgeralds casinos on some of the loosest slots in town.
- Joe Vicari’s Andiamo Italian Steakhouse
- Joe Vicari, a prominent metro Detroit restaurateur, has brought his award-winning restaurant concept to The D Las Vegas. Joe Vicari’s Andiamo Italian Steakhouse features stockyard premium beef and also serves Strauss lamb and veal - free raised, hormone free meats. Personally prepared table side Caesar salad, seafood that is flown in daily from across the globe and homemade signature pastas and sauces have made Joe Vicari's steakhouses number one in Detroit. After dinner, guests can treat themselves with a drink from the cordial cart and enjoy one of the homemade decadent desserts. The Las Vegas Weekly's Brock Radke writes in his review "Going all out at Andiamo will leave you beyond stuffed. The portions are generous, the side dishes hit the spot (lobster and black truffle baked ziti, for example) and everything seems crowned with extra indulgence." MORE >
|American Coney Island||
|Joe Vicari’s Andiamo Italian Steakhouse||
|McDonald's at The D||
The Official VEGAS Travel Site
Current room rates
D Las Vegas
- Weekday Rates from:
- Weekend Rates from
301 Fremont St
- Sports Book
- Seats: 20
- Sports Televisions: 10
- Total machines: 965