Find a DJ
DJ, producer and remix artist, DJ Dynamixx, 33 years old, was born in Michigan and raised in D.C. before finding his way to Las Vegas in 1991. A professional BMX freestyle performer, Dynamixx first took to the turntables in 1993, and has since earned a reputation as a skillful vinyl jockey, inside and out of the clubs. Over the course of his career, Dynamixx has played at some of Vegas’ top night spots, including Studio 54, House of Blues and C2K Sky Bar, and has taken his talents to the recording studio. In 2001 Dynamixx released “The Art of the Medley” on vinyl and in 2005 followed it up “The Remixxes,” which was also released on CD in 2006. Now a full time DJ and producer, Dynamixx has also worked on various commercials including an AT&T ad starring the red headed comic Carrot Top.
- Real name
- Donovan Santos
- Name orgins
- Well, Dynamixx it has to do with the velocity of sound. The reason why I used mixx is because Mr. Mixx was one of the big influences in my DJ life.
- Current status
- Playing locally, recording
- Las Vegas
- Years spinning
- Favorite place to listen
- Eyecandy Sound Lounge & Bar at Mandalay Bay
- Favorite song
- "I Would Die For You" by Prince
- Favorite place to play
- House of Blues on Sunday nights. They hand me the ball and they just say run with it. I could play the Hokey Pokey.
- Past gigs
- House Of Blues/'06-present; Studio/'07; Chrome/'06-'07; Sin City/'05-'06
- Information Society, 2 Live Crew, DJ Qbert, Public Enemy, Run DMC
- Recommended if you like
- Kid Capri, R Kelly, Teddy Riley, Salt-N-Pepa
- Sounds like
- Loud. Quick and Smooth.
- DJ gear
- Technics MG5 turntables, Rane 57SL or Pioneer 909 mixer, RCF Monitors
- The Art of The Medley (White Label, 2001); The Remixxes (D-Money, 2005)
- D-Money Records
- Booking contact
- Donovan Santos
DJ of the Week