Named by Neil Moffit (Godskitchen, Inc.) as “the DJ to look out for,” Faarsheed has proven to be a solid fixture in the dance music world. Since he began playing major events with Spundae, Las Vegas and Los Angeles in 2001, Faarsheed has gained acclaim for his ability to emotionally and physically move any crowd and has earned the opportunity to play with some of the biggest and best DJ’s from across the globe, including Steve Lawler, Deep Dish, John Digweed, Sasha, Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Paul Oakenfold and Carl Cox, to name a few.
In 2005, Miller Brewing Company saw the potential in this rising talent and signed with Faarsheed as an official sponsor. A member of the prestigious Godskitchen & Ice family, Faarsheed was a permanent fixture as a Godskitchen/Ice resident in Las Vegas until Ice closed in 2006. Faarsheed then took his show on the road, touring throughout North and Central America, before returning to Las Vegas to begin a residency at Jet.
While his style is hard to label, you can count on hearing a deep, sexy, twisted, emotional baseline and musically driven progressive tech and acid sounds, including many of his own original productions and remixes. His acute ear, rigorous work ethic, programming skills and a technical ability that is second to none, have led Faarsheed on a consistent climb in his career and won him a place among DjMag’s Top 250 elite DJs in the world. The multi-talented DJ uses a minimum of 3 decks (usually 4), along with the pioneer efx1000 effects processor and looping to give his sets a unique edge crafting live on the fly remixes for the crowd.
The future looks even more promising for Faarsheed, as he continues to create massive buzz everywhere he goes. There are no words to describe this young musical genius; you simply have to go see him play.
- Real name
- Farshid Joe Barghi
- Name orgins
- Farshid is my real name, just spelled phonetically, it's Faarsheed.
- Current status
- Touring, recording, and performing locally
- Las Vegas
- Years spinning
- House, Progressive, Techno
- Favorite place to listen
- Space, Miami; The End, London; almost any club in Ibiza
- Favorite song
- All of Arno Cost
- Favorite place to play
- Space, Miami; Ruby Skye, San Francisco; ICE, Las Vegas
- Past gigs
- Jet, LV/2006-present, Ice-Godskitchen, LV/04-06, Pure Terrace, LV/04-05, Spundae, LA-LV/ 02-04, Curve, LV/01, Velvet Lounge, LV/2000
- Depeche Mode, Radiohead, The Cure, The Knife, Jacques Lu Cont, Booka Shade, Sander Kleinenberg, Steve Lawler, Deep Dish, Gabriel & Dresden, Eric Prydz, as well as all the good people in the world
- Recommended if you like
- Sander Kleinenberg
- Sounds like
- Bass line-driven dirty, techy house music with emotion and plenty of musical content
- DJ gear
- Pioneer DJM 1000 mixer, 4 Pioneer CD1000 MK3's, Pioneer Efx1000, Technic RP-DJ1200A headphones
- Faarsheed Feat. Cari Golden - Tell Me How (Black Out Mix)/CDR; 3 Years Later (Serge Devant Remix)/Pacha Recordings/Spring 2008; Faarsheed & Trent Cantrelle - Sushi (Low End Specialist Remix)/Whoop!/Mid 2008; Faarsheed presents Merge Factory - Hold On/1980 Recordings/mid 2008; Do you Really/1980 Recordings/Mid 2008; Faarsheed Ft. Toni - Stronger Sound (3 remixes by Faarsheed, Chuck Lepley and Dan Mckie/Acension Records/July 2007; The Knife - Marble House
- Pacha Recordings, Ascension Records, Whoop!
- Booking contact
- Kate Cageao