Find a DJ
DJ Jack LaFleur
Many people struggle to find moments in their lives that change them forever, but for Jack LaFleur that night came on a cold evening in Boston, Mass. Josh Wink had played a set that would leave an indelible stamp on the young man, and on that very night LaFleur formed a bond with house music so strong it was ultimately lead him to walk away from success and pour all his energy into his passion: house music.
In 2002 LaFleur bought his first set of turntables and within a month he had booked his first gig. In a relatively short four years, he shot up the ranks from an industry unknown to Director of Promotions for the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, helping to create and sustain some of the most successful parties in Vegas along the way: Rehab Sundays, Worship Thursdays, Indulge Fridays and Sunday School.
And then he walked away from it all. Through all of these achievements, LaFleur was left with little time to develop his love for house music. So, in November of 2005, he added DJing to his duties of promoting Rehab along with Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at Body English. He started spinning vocal and electro house sets in Body English's side room, "The Parlor," and soon these secret "invite only" parties were one of the most talked about house music events in Vegas.
The success and enthusiasm for Sunday nights in The Parlor parlayed into Body English partnering with Ministry of Sound for Wednesday nights, at which LaFleur serves as resident DJ. Having left his "day job" at the Hard Rock behind, LaFleur now focuses entirely on his career as a DJ, and if the past few years are any indication, he'll be seeing continued success in the years to come.
- Real name
- Jack LaFleur
- Name orgins
- It's the name that I was given. My name became somewhat recognizable because of my promotional history. I didn't see any point in creating an alterego.
- Current status
- Recording, performing locally. Spinning every Sunday at Drai's Afterhours.
- Las Vegas
- Years spinning
- Favorite place to listen
- Favorite song
- The one that I'm currently playing
- Favorite place to play
- Body English, it feels like home - a relatively well known secret. When I was director of promotions it was my four hour vacation for the week.
- Past gigs
- Body English/'05-present; Rehab/'05-present; Retreat/'08-present; Statemynt, Santa Barbara, CA/'08-present; Level, Chicago, IL/'07-present
- Seal, DJ Dan, Eddie Thoneick, Scold, Deadmau5
- Sounds like
- DJ gear
- Pioneer CDJ MK3 1000s, Pioneer DJM-800, Serato Scratch LIVE, MacBook Pro
- Booking contact
- Jack LaFleur
DJ of the Week