Find a DJ
DJ Michael Toast
Whether it’s being a 10-year Las Vegas veteran DJ (Palms, Playboy, rumjungle, Late Night Empire Ballroom, Planet Hollywood), a 15-year New York City/East Coast club culture and rave scene catalyst (Caffeine, Storm Rave, Layaway, Limelight, Tunnel, CBGB), an award-winning house, hip-hop, drum and bass, mash up, mix tape, rock and even punk producing machine (28 Liber8 Records releases!) or a live, constantly flawless, international touring maniac (audio to video and back again), DJ Michael Toast has always been about his love of music. He brings to the turntables knowledge, energy, fury and unbounded creativity, using his records as tools and weaving together the elements and cool of rock, hip-hop and electro house.
- Real name
- I don't ever tell that
- Name orgins
- "I was 11 years old and I ran away from home to go dance in front of some clubs called the Roxy and the Paradise Garage. In Jamaican culture when you dance or dj, it's called toasting the music. And the West Indians and Jamaicans who used to sell weed out side the club called me the toasty kid, cause I was the last one to get off the cardboard or whatever we were dancing on."
- Current status
- Recording, performing locally, touring.
- Las Vegas
- Favorite place to listen
- Tao, CBGB in New York City, Empire Ballroom for afterhours
- Favorite song
- "I n I Survive" by Bad Brains
- Favorite place to play
- Anyplace that anybody wants to hear me
- Past gigs
- Rumjungle/'99-'06, Triq/'07, C-Level/'06-'09, Heart Bar/'07-'08, Currently at Lolita's and VooDoo.
- Curtis Mayfield, James Brown, Iggy Pop, DJ Wise, Frankie Bones, Frankie Knuckles. My audience is my biggest influence on what I do.
- Recommended if you like
- Steve Aoki, Kid Millionaire, DJ AM
- Sounds like
- I am bringing the underground to the masses, making it dirty aggressive and sexual. That's my house.
- DJ gear
- Technics 1200s MK5s, Rane 57 or Pioneer DJM 800
- Bass, Guitar, Percussion, Serato, Turntables
- Liber8 Records
- Booking contact
- Dustin Loose
DJ of the Week