Find a DJ
DJ Tom B.
If you had to sum up Thomas Blondet in one word, that word would be versatility. An incredibly versatile DJ with top-notch production skills, Blondet has gets the job done whether packing an expansive dance floor or working an intimate lounge setting..
Best known as the DJ Tom B., a name he carved out for himself in the ‘90s club and dance music scene in Washington D.C., Blondet’s versatility makes sense when you look at his musical background. The first tape he remembers buying was the Jackson Five and his first concert was U2. He learned to play the drums in his youth and took up DJing by age 13. By the time he was old enough, Tom had become a regular jock on the D.C. scene. Over the years he has played just about every type of beat oriented music from deep house to speed garage, drum ’n’ bass, hip-hop, reggae, Latin, dub and downtempo.
From hip Las Vegas lounges to chic Montreal night-spots, underground rave events or D.C.’s headquarters of downtempo, the Eighteenth Street Lounge, Blondet has played it all, and several years ago he moved into the studio. In 2006 he started his own label, 202 Digital, which has featured artists like Adam Shecter, N’Dinga, Lenny Barnes and Lane Mccray.
Blondet also releases music on Rhythm and Culture Recordings and works closely with its owner, Farid Ali. 2005 saw the release of the European Coaster EP, and in 2007 he followed up with the Echo Chamber EP, both of which showcase sounds ranging from house to Brazilian beats, reggae, dug and downtempo. Blondet has also been branching out into new media such as TV, radio, Internet and film. He is a featured artist for music production software Cakewalk and created music for the Washington Capitals commercial, which the team loved so much they play it in the Verizon Center as well as on TV and radio spots.
Currently, Blondet is keeping busy in the studio working on his own album as well as producing for reggae rockers See-I. Be on the lookout for the Thomas Blondet full-length album coming soon.
- Real name
- Thomas Blondet
- Name orgins
- From my full name Thomas Blondet
- Current status
- Recording, tour, performing locally
- Years spinning
- Favorite place to listen
- 18th St. Lounge, Washington D.C.
- Favorite song
- Adir Adirim Nickodemus remix by Balkan Beat Box
- Favorite place to play
- Mix Lounge
- Past gigs
- Mix Lounge, LV/07-present; 18th St. Lounge, Washington DC/05-present; Red, Washington D.C./99-06; Five, Washington D.C/01-08
- Masters at Work
- Recommended if you like
- Fort Knox 5
- Sounds like
- DJ gear
- Serato, Technics 1200s, Pioneer 800
- European Coaster (12"), Rhythm & Culture Recordings, 2005 Into Me (12"), Odds & Ends Music, 2005 Collaborations EP (File, MP3, EP), 202 Digital, 2006 Echo Chamber EP (12", EP), Rhythm & Culture Recordings, 2006 Put Me On A Train (File, MP3), 202 Digital, 2006 Put Me On A Train (Pumped Up Mix) (File, MP3), 202 Digital, 2007
- Rhythm and Culture Recordings, 202 Digital
- Booking contact
- Thomas Blondet
DJ of the Week
- DJ C-L.A.
- Performing locally at Tao ...
A weekend job mobile DJing in 2003 was all it took for Carla Legaspi to ...