DJ A+ attributes his ability to captivate the crowd through the use of percussions, which he says brings his spinning performances to life. He specializes in congas, bongos and timbalas and prides himself on not using a playlist during his sets. "I'm open minded and spin on the fly. Every night is fresh and every crowd is unique. I go with my crowd's vibe," he says.
For a day job, DJ A+ handles hiring and booking for his talent agency THE Unspoken LLC. He doubles as a music producer/writer at Bahamian Rhapsody studios and is also a hip hop instructor.
- Real name
- Rodney Munnings
- Name orgins
- DJ A+ says his name came about because, "I always try to be the best in what I do and the best always get an A+."
- Current status
- Spinning at Rhumbar inside the Mirage from 10 p.m. - 2 a.m. every Friday and Saturday.
- Las Vegas
- Electronica, Hip hop, House, Jazz, Latin, Reggae, Rock
- Favorite song
- "Shake them Goodies" by Vegas Players
- Past gigs
- Special events DJ for six years and past performances at venues such as Rhumbar, Pure, XS, Tao, Tao Beach, Cherry, House of Blues, Ghost Bar, Sugar Cane, Play Boy Suites, Palapa Lounge at the Palms, Coral Reef at Mandalay Bay, Lake Las Vegas Resort.
- DJ gear
- 2 Turntables:Technics Quartz SL-1200MK5 Mixer: Pioneer Model DJM-800 Software: Serato Scratch Live
- Serato, Technics, Turntables