Find a DJ
Frank was born in Scranton, PA, and based in New York City for 11 years. Everyone in nightlife had their "golden era", and this was his. Though the trend of the weekly residency seems to have fallen out of favor, this was a time when you had Danny Tenaglia, Junior Vazquez, Erick Morillo, Little Louie Vega, the Body and Soul guys - all paying weekly in NYC, as well as Twilo introducing New York to all of the European superstars on a weekly basis. This was before the "bottle service" became the norm, and the focus was squarely on the dance floor. It was this exposure, and appreciation of it, that shaped Frank Rempe the DJ, and also what allows him to appeal to such discriminating audiences today.
Since his first break at Club Cheetah in New York, Frank has played at major clubs and held residencies in New York, Washington D.C., San Francisco and beyond, including several appearances at San Francisco's Ruby Skye and the legendary EndUp, the opening of Vessel, the five year anniversary of Sullivan Room, Volar in Hong Kong, and perhaps, most notably, the main room of Space, Ibiza. Around the same time, he released his first record, collaboration with Conrado Martinez called, "Capicu", on Basic Beat Records. Along the way he's shared the stage with some of the best, Dubfire, Erick Morillo, Josh Wink, Seb Fontaine, Doc Martin, Hector Romero to name a few.
From '06 -'07 he was the resident DJ at Tao, New York, while doing other select spots around the city, and the world. His style ranges from sexy San Francisco to big room New York, and all stops in between. He currently resides in Las Vegas, where he has expanded his role (and his repertoire) with the Tao organization, holding a residency at both Tao and Lavo. Though his musical roots will always be in New York, he looks forward to continuing to contribute to the overall scene, and sound, in the nightlife capital of the world. Frank loves being know as a New York DJ and strives to live up to the level of expectation it implies.
- Real name
- Frank Rempe
- Name orgins
- The DJs he respects the most use their real names, so he followed suit.
- Current status
- Spinning at TAO Thursday-Saturday and LAVO every Sunday.
- Las Vegas
- Years spinning
- Favorite place to listen
- Vinyl, NYC 2000 – 2004 R.I.P
- Favorite song
- "The Conversation," by Lil Louis
- Favorite place to play
- EndUp in San Francisco and Space, Ibiza (Spain)
- Past gigs
- Wet Republic 2008, TAO New York 05 – 07, Mixed Elements San Francisco 04 - 07, Sullivan Room NYC 04 – 07, Le Souk NYC 03 - 07, Cheetah NYC 02 -03.
- Danny Tenaglia, Erick Morillo , Hector Romero
- DJ gear
- Serato, Macbook Pro, Pioneer DJM 800 Mixer , Technics or CDJ’s
- CDJs, MacBook, Serato, Technics
- "Capicu" - Frank Rempe and Conrado Martinez, Basic Beat Records, 12/19/05
DJ of the Week