Events July 3-6 leading to UFC 162
The UFC's "International Fight Week," which is held every Fourth of July weekend in Las Vegas, will culminate at 7 p.m. July 6 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena with the main card: Anderson Silva, the middleweight champion who has successfully defended his title 10 times, against the unbeaten Chris Weidman.
Other Fight Week events:
• July 3 - 1 p.m. Open workouts inside the Encore Hotel and Casino, which are free to the public. Also, UFC Community Day, with Zappos and Boys Town, Nev. (How to help).
• July 4 - 11 a.m. UFC 162 press conference, MGM Grand Lobby, which is free and open to the public.
• July 4 - 1 p.m., Pool Party at Liquid Pool & Lounge at Aria Resort & Casino (Tickets).
• July 4 - 6 p.m., UFC fighters meet the public in Downtown Las Vegas at the Golden Nugget, El Cortez, The D, and Golden Gate casinos, free and open to the public.
• July 4 - 9 p.m., UFC Concert, "Three Days Grace," Fremont Street Experience, free and open to the public.
• July 5 - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., UFC Fan Expo at Mandalay Bay Convention Center (Tickets).
• July 5 - 4 p.m., UFC 162 Weigh-Ins, Mandalay Bay Events Center, free and open to the public.
• July 5 - 5:30 p.m., Tuff-N-Uff Amateur MMA at South Point (Tickets).
• July 5 - 6 p.m., UFC Party, featuring food, beverages and appearances by UFC fighters, Lagasse's Stadium Bar, Book and Bam, at the Palazzo resort (Tickets).
• July 6 - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., UFC Fan Expo, Mandalay Bay Convention Center (Tickets).
• July 6 - 2:30 p.m. (doors open), 4 p.m. (first bout), 7 p.m. (main bout) - UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman, MGM Grand Garden Arena.
• July 6 - 6 p.m. UFC 162 Viewing Parties: Golden Nugget, El Cortez, Red Rock, Palace Station and Sunset Station resort casinos (tickets required at each venue).
Event posted June 27, 2013
Last updated June 27, 2013