6.66 reasons to see “virtual” metal band Dethklok
Thu, Jun 5, 2008 (midnight)
1. Gore; lots and lots of gore.
2. The bowel-shaking gravel of singer Nathan Explosion’s vocals.
3. Their album The Dethalbum is the highest-charting cartoon metal album ever produced (No. 21 on the Billboard 200).
4. Series co-creator and lead musician Brendon Small (famous for his stint on Home Movies) graduated from Berklee College of Music and really loves Queen and Immortal. Nothing’s more metal than that.
5. Former Dark Angel, Death and Strapping Young Lad drummer Gene Hoglan won’t drink pig’s blood, but will lay down layers of insane drum and blast beats to shatter your bones.
6.66. Six words: Brutal f--king metal, no pretentious corpse paint.