Some super-exciting, utterly random factoids about Kelly Clarkson!
It’s all you ever wanted
Wed, Nov 4, 2009 (3:28 p.m.)
• First: Season of American Idol won by Clarkson (2002).
• 58 and 42: Percentage of votes for her and for runner-up Justin something, respectively.
• Didn’t it start with a G?: Yeah, Justin Guano … Guantanamo … whatever.
• $5 million: Box-office take for 2003 film From Justin to Kelly.
• $67 million: Box-office take for 2003 film Kangaroo Jack.
• Guarini!: Yes, that’s it!
• 4: Clarkson’s albums so far: Thankful, Breakaway, My December, All I Ever Wanted.
• A full year: Time Breakaway spent in Billboard Top 20, only fourth album ever to do so.
• 10.3 million: Album sales in U.S.
• 20 million: Worldwide, bitches!
• 187: Clarkson’s ranking in the top 200 in album sales in the Nielsen SoundScan era.
• No idea: What that actually means.
• 8: Clarkson’s top-10 singles.
- Kelly Clarkson with Parachute
- Nov. 6, 8 p.m., $45.50-$171
- The Joint
• “You Can Tap a Keg of My Love”: Single we mistakenly attributed to Clarkson at a party one time, trying to impress this really hot chick with our musical knowledge. Worked, too.
• Second: Clarkson’s finish in 2003 World Idol competition, losing to Norwegian Idol Kurt Nilson.
• It’s true: There really is a Norwegian Idol.
• No. 97 to No. 1: Rise, in ranking, of Clarkson’s 2009 single “My Life Would Suck Without You,” in its first week of release. That’s a record.
• That’s nice, but: We still can’t get over Norwegian Idol.
• Jaws: Film that reportedly changed Clarkson’s mind about a career in marine biology. So thank Steven Spielberg and Bruce the fake shark for this fine concert opportunity.