Five reasons not to miss Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Wed, Jun 30, 2010 (5:14 p.m.)
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- with Kid Meets Cougar, We Are Each Other
- July 3, 8 p.m., $18
- Hard Rock Cafe (Strip)
1. They probably weren't on your radar when they dropped into town for a Wasted Space show last September.
2. To see what stage theatrics transpire from a band whose imagination spawned a 12-part feature-length movie musical comprised of its songs and a desert mind-trip.
3. You've been feeling the need to do a group hug/dance/sing-along during "Home" off debut album Up From Below.
4. If Devendra Banhart and Gogol Bordello had a love child, it'd be frontman Alex Ebert, right down to his scruffy beard and scanty gypsy fashions.
5. Local electro duo Kid Meets Cougars opens. Consider it an opportunity to warm up those dance muscles for a full feel-good night.
Hard Rock Cafe on the Strip
The world renowned Las Vegas Strip is now home to the most highly anticipated, state-of-the-art Hard Rock Cafe in the world, Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas. Featuring 42,000 square feet of space, the new cafe, located next to the MGM Grand Hotel, provides three-floors of non-stop action and has the world's largest Rock Shop. An interactive "Rock Wall™", interactive "Microsoft Surface" tables, hi-speed Internet access, a contemporary lounge and bar are available, along with patio dining and views of the Las Vegas Strip . A Hard Rock Live multi-function venue on the second floor rocks with concert seating for 1,000, with state-of-the-art, in-house audio visual equipment The cafe also features a built-in stage with an attached Green Room that will be occupied by artists from around the globe.
The restaurant is open from 8:30 a.m. to midnight and the bar/Rock Shop is open until 1 a.m.
3771 S. Las Vegas Boulevard