5 things I typed into my iPhone at Mumford & Sons
Wed, Apr 20, 2011 (6:24 p.m.)
Photo: Justin M. Bowen
1. The line to get wristbands for entrance is unbelievable. A chaotic mass would be far more efficient. I’ll go first.
- Mumford & Sons
- The Boulevard Pool at the Cosmopolitan, April 15
2. The boys are doing work on “Roll Away Your Stone.” This is foot-stomping music. Pure hootenanny.
3. Frontman Marcus Mumford to people watching from their hotel room balconies: “You owe us money. Are you having a nice time up there? Get off your fuckin’ high horse and come party with us!”
4. I know they’re playing “Little Lion Man,” but stop clapping, people. Did you not hear this is a foot-stomping band?
5. The encore starts with Old Crow Medicine Show’s “Wagon Wheel” complete with accordion and mandolin. Mumford experiments with accordion tongue-playing, before moving into “The Cave.” Okay, folks. Now you can clap.