UFC 134: where to watch
Fri, Aug 26, 2011 (4:19 p.m.)
Photo: Justin M. Bowen
The UFC returns to Brazil this weekend but if a South American vacation isn’t in your plans, don’t worry, plenty of local bars will be showing the fights. Brazilian Middleweight champ Anderson Silva will be the hometown favorite as he defends his title against Yushin Okami. Other fights include local favorite Forrest Griffin against Mauricio Rua and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub.
Station Casino viewing options:
• Ovation @ Green Valley Ranch, 702-617-7777: The cover is $20 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Club Madrid @ Sunset Station, 702-547-7777: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Grand Ballroom @ Palace Station, 702-367-2411: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Cherry @ Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa, 866-767-7773: The cover is $20 per person and doors open at 5 p.m.
• Access Showroom @ Aliante Station Casino, 702-692-7777: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Revolver @ Santa Fe Station, 702-658-4900: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Cancun Room @ Fiesta Henderson Casino, 702-567-7436: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5:00 p.m.
Other sports bar and casino bar options:
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Durango and Warm Springs, 702-260-4800: Watch the fights on one of 11 big screens (two 160-inch screens and nine 135-inch screens) or 40 of the 40-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include Heineken for $4.95 and tall Bud Lights for $4.20. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Horizon Ridge and 95, 702-564-5795: Watch the fights on one of nine 110-inch HD screens or 30 42-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include Heineken for $4.95 and tall Bud Lights for $4.20. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Las Vegas Blvd. and Windmill, 702-614-0238: Watch the fights on the huge 200-inch screen, one of eight 122-inch screens or 32 32-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include Heineken for $4.95 and tall Bud Lights for $4.20. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ 150 W. Centennial Pkwy, 702-649-3054: Watch the fights on 11 102-inch screens or 45 42-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include tall Bud Lights for $4.20. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Craig and Commerce, 702-642-0055: Drink specials include Heineken for $4.95 and tall Bud Lights for $4.20. There is no cover charge, but a $10 food and beverage minimum applies per person.
• Bonanza Lounge:, 702-452-7955: There is no cover charge but there is a two drink minimum. Drink specials include $2 draft beers and there will be food specials including nachos and wings as well as hat and t-shirt giveaways.
• PTs Pub @ Buffalo and 215, 702-614-7673: There is a $10 cover. Drink specials include $4 Bud Light pints and $3 shots of Jack Daniels.
• Dixie's Dam Bar @ Hooters, 702-739-9000: Doors open at 5 p.m. and there is a $30 cover that includes your first draft beer. A limited number of VIP tables are available for $200 and they include admission for five and a half keg of Bud at the table.
• Miller’s Ale House @ Town Square, 702-616-3414: Drink specials include $7 Miller Lite pitchers, $2.25 Miller beverages, $4.25 Leinenkugels, $5.95 Blue Moons and Guinness, $2 PBRs, $3 Foster pints, $2.95 single and $5 double Skyy Vodka drinks plus $65 bottles of Patron served with 5 Coronitas. There is a $10 cover charge.
• Murphy’s Law, 702-697-0529: There is no cover but guests must purchase a $30 voucher which can be used for food, drinks and/or gaming. Reservations in the VIP area with leather couches are $500 for up to 15 people and this includes a buffet and bottle service. Drink specials include 2-for-1 Murphy’s Irish Stout. Enjoy giveaways throughout the fights.
• Caramel Lounge @ Bellagio, 702-693-8300: There will be a $40 cover charge. The fee is waived with the purchase of a table.
• Deuce Lounge @ Aria, 702-693-8300: There will be a $50 cover charge.
• Cabo Wabo @ The Miracle Mile Shops, 702-385-2226: There will be a $20 cover charge. Enjoy the fights on eight screens downstairs and two large projector screens on both floors. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Scooter’s Pub Sports Bar & Grill @ 6200 S. Rainbow Blvd. 702-227-9047: There is no cover. Enjoy $2 Jell-O shots and $3 Wild Turkey shots plus giveaways from the Wild Turkey and Bud Light Girls during the fights.
• Sapphire Gentlemen’s Club, 702-869-0003: The $30 admission fee ($20 for locals) includes food while the $70 package includes food, free limo transportation, a $50 drink card and VIP seating. There will be raffles and prizes plus $1 dances in between the fights.
• Rockhouse, 702-731-9683: Fight packages range from $25 to $80 and patrons can receive $5 Sailor Jerry cocktails, bottomless beer choices, an open bar throughout the fight and the opportunity to mix and mingle with local fighters while enjoying the fight on Rockhouse’s 28 high-definition television screens throughout the bar.
• Blondies Sports Bar @ the Miracle Mile Shops, 702-737-0444: Watch the fight on their 6 ft. x 10 ft. projector screen. There is a $40 cover or table reservations are $60 per person and both prices include all-you-can-drink domestic draft beer. Reservations can be made at blondieslasvegas.com
• Lift Bar, 702-364-0306: Drink specials include $2 Lift Lagers and the food special is a $4.99 steak sandwich. There is a $10 cover charge which includes two drinks.
• Diablo’s @ Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, 702-730-7777: There is a $20 cover and you can watch the fights on a large projector screen and various other HD TVs throughout the venue. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Kahunaville @ TI, 702-894-7390: There is a $25 minimum food and beverage spend per person.
• Rock & Rita’s @ Circus Circus, 702-691-5991: Commentary will be streamed throughout on the premium sound system and the fights will be shown throughout the venue on 22 HD flat screen TVs. There is no cover but a $20 minimum per person food and beverage applies.
• Lagasse’s Stadium @ Palazzo, 702-414-4895: Watch the fights on more than 100 flat screen TVs while enjoying chef Emeril Lagasse’s gourmet bar food. Food and beverage minimums apply for all seated areas. For reservations, please call 702-607-2665.