Three reasons to see Perfecto resident DJ Zen Freeman
Tue, Jul 26, 2011 (5:59 p.m.)
- Featuring Ronski Speed with Zen Freeman and Stellar
- July 30, 10 p.m., $40, local ladies free
- Rain Nightclub, 942-6832
1. A-listers love him. The British DJ/producer has gotten some serious attention from the LA in crowd, including bookings at Elton John’s Oscar party and Vanessa Hudgens’ 21st birthday bash and music supervision duties at Ryan Seacrest’s house. He’ll probably never play your apartment, so Rain nightclub is the next best thing.
2. Among his Facebook likes: Brandon Flowers, Southwest Airlines, Lindsay Lohan (twice), Amoeba Music, Barack Obama, Lickshot (a photography book by Naomi Watts’ brother Ben), Bob Hope Airport (Burbank, California), Treats! magazine (which features lots of naked models and Ben Watts photography) and Las Vegas, Nevada.
3. When Paul Oakenfold selects a resident to cover for him at his Vegas home, you know he’s gotta be good.
Palms Casino Resort has come a long way since its "Real World" debut in 2002. The boutique property features three distinct towers and a diverse mix of bars and restaurants across a 95,000-square-foot casino.
Palms, which features more than 1,200 rooms and fantasy suites, is currently undergoing a multi-million dollar transformation that will encompass an Ivory Tower room and suite redesign, new culinary additions, re-imagined gaming spaces and new, distinctive nightlife experiences.
In addition to newly designed rooms, during the first phase of the renovation, Palms will welcome Heraea, a high-energy American restaurant and lounge, and XISHI, a pan-Asian restaurant and lounge.
Fantasy Suites include the Hardwood Suite, the only hotel room in the world with its own basketball court.
Other amenities include the all-new Cantor Gaming® race and sports book, one of the few sports books in Las Vegas to include a poker room; SOCIAL; Scarlet; Chocolat Bistro; tonic bar; ghostbar; Pearl Concert Theater; Moon Nightclub; N9NE Steakhouse; Nove Italiano; Simon Restaurant & Lounge; Palms Pool & Bungalows; Kim Vō Salon; Drift Spa & Hammam; Brenden Theatres, a 14-theatre cineplex and more than 60,000 square-feet of meeting space.