Tweeting with Mr. Rogers
Wed, Mar 16, 2011 (2:20 p.m.)
Photo: Jim Rogers
KSNV-TV station owner and former UNLV Chancellor Jim Rogers was born to tweet. He had perhaps the greatest resignation letter ever written in the ADD generation (“I quit.”), and he’s a font of opinion, never shying away from the topics of the day. However, Rogers still has a thing or two to learn about his new communication vehicle of choice. Most of his tweets are two-, three-, in some cases, even four-parters. For a man who changed his life in two words, 140 characters seems a bit of a challenge. Here are some of his most recent gems on @jimrogersnevada:
• As another example of the NFL’s neurotic need to stay as far away from Nevada gaming as possible you should know that …
• Several years ago NBC bowed down to the NFL request to move the NBC hit show Las Vegas from Monday night to Friday.
• This was done to avoid promoting a program with the name “Vegas” in it during Sunday night football.
• Think about all of this and then ask yourself if you think there’s any chance in your lifetime the NFL will bring a team to Nevada.
• Sandoval is smooth, suave and more politically astute in that he will screw the little guy who will never know it.
ON PROPOSED LEGISLATION
• BDR 864—Senator Kihuen—Prohibits the taking of an excessive number of certain free publications under certain circumstances.
• How in the world could something as stupid as this be suggested by a senator who I thought had good judgment?
• Let’s turn our entire education system into 1 large trade school. In 1 generation Americans would become ...
• ... the work horses of the Chinese economy.