Events guide: Mother’s Day 2011
Thu, May 5, 2011 (1:44 p.m.)
From tea parties to T-bone steaks, Las Vegas restaurants have you covered on Mother’s Day. If you’re looking to share a nice meal with your mom, there are a plethora of options on and off the Strip—some are even free! In addition to gourmet meals, consider buying your mom some tasty treats from one of our local retailers or even a spa treatment.
Brunch and dinner options:
• Moms can eat for free this Mother’s Day at P.J. Clarke’s inside the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace. The venue is known for their burgers and handcrafted cocktails. From 11:00 a. m. until closing, moms can order anything on the menu up to $35 with the purchase of at least $35 in other food and beverage.
• Child Focus will be holding its annual Mother's Day Tea at Springs Preserve in the Crossroads Amphitheater from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Festivities include a silent auction, raffle and activities for kids plus nibbles from Springs Café by Wolfgang Puck and of course, tea. An adult ticket is $80, children under 12 are $40, and full tables and sponsorships are also available. For more information or to donate to the silent auction, call 702-436-1624.
• The Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel is offering a Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch with a view to remember. Moms can enjoy the view from the One Six Sky Lounge plus menu items like omelets prepared to order, Eggs Benedict, rosemary crusted prime rib, seafood, salads and desserts like cookies, tarts, crème brulee, tiramisu, warm bread pudding with rum sauce and three layer cakes. Champagne and Bloody Marys are included, as are all non-alcoholic beverages. Seatings run from 10:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. The Mother’s Day Brunch is priced at $29.99 per person with children under 10 half price. Reservations are suggested and available by calling 702-856-5566.
• The Fountains Brunch at Jasmine adds Atlantic salmon wellington, brioche-crusted rack of lamb and Mother’s Day chocolate delights to its Sunday brunch menu. Enjoy a view of the world-famous Bellagio Fountains while also trying the tableside carved Peking style duck, roasted prime tenderloin or Georgia peach stuffed white chocolate brioche French toast. Brunch is served from 11 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. and is priced at $65 per person or $78 per person with unlimited champagne. For reservations, call 866-259-7111.
• Executive Chef Jaime Mendoza of Todd English’s Olives has created an a la carte menu featuring bay shrimp & Nantucket scallop ceviche, veal osso bucco, airline chicken breast, roasted prime rib, Alaskan salmon en croûte and a fresh berry Napoleon for dessert. The special menu is available for dinner from 5 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. Reservations can be made by calling 866-259-7111.
• For the mom who likes lots of options, there’s The Buffet at Bellagio featuring a special Mother’s Day menu from May 6 through 8. The Buffet will feature grilled lamb T-Bones at the teppan station, kobe top round at the rotisserie station, grilled swordfish and roasted bluenose at the hot seafood station and lobster ravioli with saffron cream at the pasta station, in addition to the traditional buffet offerings This menu runs from 3 until 10 p.m. on Friday for $44.95; Saturday & Sunday, May 7 and 8 from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. for $32.95 or $38.95 with champagne; and from 3 p.m. until 10 p.m. for $44.95.
• Moms can choose different menu options from Aria’s Jean Georges Steakhouse’s a la carte menu featuring roasted sea bass, grilled angus 300 sirloin and tuna sashimi. For dessert, enjoy banana and Wild Turkey crème brulee served with chestnut ice cream. Reservations can be made by calling 877-230-2742.
• Aureole offers a prix fixe menu created by Executive Chef Vincent Pouessel including a stone crab “Louis salad,” warm white Dutch asparagus, jambon Ibérico and Parmesan sabayon, Dover sole “Duglere” and a petit beef filet Rossini. For dessert, enjoy Pastry Chef Megan Romano’s chocolate and salted-caramel, dark chocolate caramel tart, warm mocha brownie and caramel ice cream dessert platter. The menu is available from May 6 until 8 a.m. from 5:30 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. and is priced at $85 in the main dining room and $95 in Swan Court. For reservations, please call 702-632-7401.
• As part of the Vegas Uncork’d culinary weekend, take mom to Border Grill for an interactive experience featuring cocktail and cuisine demonstrations with Chef Mary Sue Milliken and her culinary team. Chef Milliken’s brunch includes a welcome reception, cooking demo, selection of spicy and savory dishes and a gift bag. Tickets are $130.
• Show mom the flavors of Italy at Onda Ristorante with a three-course prix fixe menu including a choice of portobello carpaccio and crab salad, baby greens, walnut and Parmesan cheese salad or risotto fritta while entrée options include shrimp and lobster puttunesca, grilled pork tenderloin or sautéed chicken. For dessert, enjoy citrus torta or chocolate budino. This menu is available from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. and is $49.99 per person. Mothers can enjoy the menu complimentary (one per table). For reservations, please call 866-339-4566.
• Fin at Mirage offers a three-course prix fixe menu with a choice of hot & sour or egg drop soup or appetizer plate to start and Mongolian beef, sweet & sour pork or Kung Pao chicken for an entrée and a trio of mochi ice cream for dessert. The menu is available from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m. and is $49.99 per person. Mothers can enjoy the menu complimentary (one per table). For reservations, please call 866-339-4566.
• Wolfgang Puck’s Postrio Bar and Grill’s Mother’s Day dinner entrée specials include pan-seared John Dory with fava bean ragout, spring onions, English peas, wild mushrooms, leek nage; white corn agnolotti with roasted corn, parmesan cheese, hearts of celery; and mesquite-grilled prime petit filet served with crispy potato cake, baby spinach, sautéed shrimp, and a decadent black forest cherry Napoleon made of port glazed cherries, creme fraiche and chocolate cake.
• Kokomo’s at The Mirage offers up appetizers like the bibb lettuce tower, white asparagus with Virginia ham or fried green tomatoes, followed by entrée choices of potato wrapped bass, grilled flat iron steak or roasted organic chicken breast. For dessert, enjoy strawberry meringue tart or chocolate raspberry torte. This menu is available from 5 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. and is $49.99 per person. Mothers can enjoy the menu complimentary (one per table).
Tender Steak & Seafood at Luxor offers up a three-course prix fixe menu. Starters include a choice of hearts of romaine and baby romaine Caesar salad or Maine lobster bisque. Entrée choices include a 10 oz New Zealand beef ribeye, seared day-boat Maine sea scallops or mom’s famous Yankee pot roast. For dessert, enjoy farmer’s market strawberries with strawberry gelato and whipped cream or Crème Brulee with Tahitian vanilla bean custard, shortbread cookie and huckleberry compote. The menu is available from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m. and is priced at $49 per person. For reservations, please call 702-262-4852.
• The Steakhouse at Camelot offers a prix fixe Mother’s Day menu starting with a mixed Spring greens salad with bay shrimp and tomato vinaigrette, followed by a choice of chicken breast with apples, almonds and port, grilled salmon with asparagus, steamed rice and ginger vinaigrette or filet mignon with mushrooms provencale. For dessert, enjoy crème brulee with fresh berries. The menu is available from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. and is priced at $40 per person. For reservations, please call 702-597-7449.
Zeffirino at Venetian offers a Mother’s Day brunch featuring Executive Chef Francesco Schintu’s generous “Buona Festa Della Mamma.” The feast includes a raw bar with raw oysters, steamed lobster and shrimp; antipasti such as mozzarella caprese salad, prosciutto and melon, and smoked salmon; omelets made to order, fresh pasta, Chateaubriand and lamb chops, plus complimentary champagne, mimosas, bellinis and Bloody Mary's with the brunch all for $55 per person. Brunch is served from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
• Enjoy Mother’s Day Brunch atop Mt. Charleston at The Resort on Mt. Charleston. The menu includes ham, breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, mini pancakes, omelet station, bacon, sausage, mixed veggies, prime rib. Chicken, jasmine rice, salad bar, fresh fruit, assorted muffins and scones, chocolate fountain station and many desserts. The price is $17.95 for adults and $7.95 for children.
• El Segundo Sol celebrates Mamacita Day with Mexican favorites like nachos, taco platters, chicken enchiladas or jumbo shrimp fajitas. Special beverages include the Mamacita Margarita. For reservations, please call 702-258-1211.
• Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab offers three-course lunch and dinner menus, featuring the choice of either Joe’s famous stone crabs or savory filet mignon. Both meal options also include soup, signature sides and a slice of Joe’s irresistible homemade pie. Moms can enjoy a glass of Joe’s South Beach Peach cocktail for just $1. For reservations, please call 702-792-9222.
• PBR Rock Bar & Grill will offer all the mothers and grandmothers free bull rides all day. Children can eat for free all day with the purchase of an adult’s entrée.
• Sushisamba offers a special menu including caramel French toast, yuzu yogurt panna cotta, cast iron baked eggs, twice baked potato and a special Mother’s Day cocktail featuring white rum, ginjo sake, yuzu juice and passion fruit juice.
• Brio Tuscan Grille will be open at Town Square and Tivoli Village for a special Tuscan-inspired Mother’s Day Brunch featuring items like frittata al forno, white chocolate raspberry French toast, crab and shrimp crepes, grilled salmon and angel hair and citrus chicken with shrimp scampi.
Mon Ami Gabi offers up brunch specialties like French toast, eggs Benedict or strawberry waffles. For reservations, please call 702-944-4224.
Morton’s the Steakhouse is honoring mothers with a specialty priced three-course menu for $59. Start with a choice of Morton’s signature salad or classic Caesar salad. The second course offers the option of a single cut filet mignon, filet Oskar, broiled salmon filet, colossal shrimp Alexander or chicken Christopher along with one vegetable or potato. For dessert, enjoy Morton’s crème brulee or double chocolate mousse.
All three Hash House A Go Go locations will offer specials like roast chicken Betsy, Sally’s “wild child” waffle, dark chocolate and blackberry pancake and Stella’s shrimp quesadilla.
• Normally closed on Sundays, Panevino will be open for Mother’s Day featuring specials like pesto e gameri, risotto with fresh basil pesto and shrimp. Traditional fish stew with Maine lobster, Chilean sea bass. All moms can enjoy a free dessert with the purchase of an entrée. For reservations, please call 702-222-2400.
• Ravella offers a gourmet brunch buffet overlooking its lush Florentine Garden at Medici Café & Terrace. Seating will be from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. and the cost is $42 per person, which includes unlimited champagne and mimosas. Menu items include carved prime rib of beef with cabernet sauce and horseradish cream and lobster eggs benedict, a chilled seafood bar with oysters on the half shell, fresh shrimp and crab claws; and a display of fresh salads and unique tapas. Enjoy Ravella’s “Chocolate Decadence” for dessert with an assortment of chocolate treats. For reservations, please call 702-567-4700.
• Society Café at Encore serves a special menu for $34 including a choice of a selection of fruit, an XL sticky bun, organic yogurt and granola and mac ‘n cheese bites with truffle dipping sauce for starters, followed by a choice of Belgian waffles, grilled chicken salad, “Oscar” Benedict and a lobster roll club. For dessert choose between brulee cheesecake and warm donut bites.
• Marché Bacchus French Bistro & Wine Market offers a four course Mother’s Day brunch from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. for $49 featuring items like crab and sweet corn bisque, seared scallops, Mediterranean roasted chicken, braised short rib, roasted salmon or back wrapped pork tenderloin for dessert, enjoy strawberry shortcake.
• Comme Ca at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas will feature a special Mother’s Day brunch from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. The prix fixe menu will be priced at $39 per person and offer a three-course meal including an appetizer, entrée and dessert. Specialty items include scallop carpaccio, lobster carpaccio, artichoke ravioli, English pea risotto or Jameson lamb cuit en sous vide. For dessert, enjoy pistachio jaconde.
Other ways to pamper moms:
• Aria Resort and Casino is hosting an event at Radiance, the Roberto Coin Jewelry showcase, over Mother’s Day weekend. From Friday, May 6 through Sunday, May 8 from 10 a.m. to midnight, guests can enjoy a day of shopping and champagne while browsing through the latest collections including the Diamond Fashion Jewelry by Roberto Coin.
• For the chocolate-loving mom, try the Sugar Factory Chocolate Bucket from the Sugar Factory locations in Mirgae, Planet Hollywood and Paris, priced at $69, filled with items like chocolate bars, classic chocolate cookie dough bites, Whoppers and a Charleston Chew. Also available it the 'Sugar Mama' Basket, priced at $119, filled with goodies such as fudge-dipped Oreos, various Sugar Factory chocolate bars, a pink Sugar Factory t-shirt and a Sugar Factory Couture Pop.
• Max Brenner, Chocolate by the Bald Man in the Forum Shops, offers several sweet treats for moms like the Spring Forward Gift set, Love Bonbons, bubble bath and truffle boxed sets.
• Sumita Beauty’s Mother’s Day offers include 25 percent off all make-up, skin care products and expert artistry, which consists of eyebrow threading, bridal make-up, waxing and temporary body art. The second special is a complete skin care set of signature products for a special price of $69, including cleansers, toners, masks and eye cream.
• On Saturday, May 7, moms can enjoy a garden party at Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics featuring complimentary tea and cake. Check out the limited edition Mother’s Day products and enter to win mom a Lush hat box.
• Palms Spa and Drift Spa and Hammam will recognize mothers by offering a special from Friday, May 6 through Monday, May 9. Patrons can purchase one treatment at full price and receive a treatment (of equal or lesser value) for mothers for free.
• Tivoli Village invites families to spend Mother’s Day weekend at the newly opened shopping and dining destination. Beginning Thursday May 5 through Sunday May 8, Tivoli Village will offer a Farmers & Artisan Market, entertainment, musical guests and children’s activities at the authentic European-style village.