Kylie Minogue shows her goddess chops
Five observations from her May 22 concert at Caesars
Tue, May 24, 2011 (5:18 p.m.)
Photo: Bill Hughes
1. It sure is convenient that Minogue’s new album Aphrodite lends itself to an extensive ancient Greece/Rome theme. It’s the best possible way to show Caesars that this woman needs her own resident Vegas show.
2. Minogue really knows her audience (gay men). Virtually every video features nonstop, nearly naked buff dudes.
3. I think this show has the awesomest hats of any concert I’ve ever been to.
4. I’m really digging this sultry torch-song take on one of my favorite Minogue songs, “Slow,” and then it morphs into the full-on dance version and is still pretty great.
5. If you bring a giant sign, you beat everybody else when the singer decides to take requests. Good job, people who wanted to hear “Come Into My World.”