UFC 130: where to watch, fighter appearances
Fri, May 27, 2011 (3:28 p.m.)
Photo: Steve Marcus
Even if the main event between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard got scrapped due to injury, there’s still plenty of action to see at UFC 130. If you don’t have tickets to the MGM Grand Garden Arena, there are plenty of viewing options locally plus several after parties with all your favorite fighters. Don’t miss a minute of the action between Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Matt “The Hammer” Hamill or Frank Mir and Roy Nelson.
The UFC is bringing the Octagon Nation Tour to Las Vegas for fight week, allowing fans to meet their favorite fighters. On Friday May 27 from noon until 5 p.m., catch Tyson Griffin, Chad Mendes and Urijah Faber at the MGM Grand.
On the day of the fight, Saturday, May 28, Tyson Griffin, Phil Davis, Chad Mendes and Urijah Faber will be making appearances at the MGM Grand from noon until 4 p.m.
On Sunday, May 29, Dan Hardy and Anthony Njokuani will meet fans for an autograph signing and a chance to play the new UFC Trainer Experience game at Miller’s Ale House in Town Square.
Station Casino viewing options:
• Ovation @ Green Valley Ranch, 702-617-7777: The cover is $20 per person and doors open at 5 p.m.
• Club Madrid @ Sunset Station, 702-547-7777: The cover is $10 per person and doors open at 5 p.m.
• Grand Ballroom @ Palace Station, 702-367-2411: The cover is $10 per person and doors open at 5 p.m.
• Cherry @ Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa, 866-767-7773: The cover is $20 per person and doors open at 5 p.m.
• ETA Lounge @ Aliante Station Casino, 702-692-7777: The cover is $10 per person and doors open at 5 p.m.
• Revolver @ Santa Fe Station, 702-658-4900: The cover is $10 per person and doors open at 5 p.m.
• Cancun Room @ Fiesta Henderson Casino, 702-567-7436: The cover is $10 per person and doors open at 5:30 p.m.
• Railhead @ Boulder Station, 702-432-7777: The cover is $10 per person and doors open at 5 p.m.
Other sports bar and casino bar options:
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Durango and Warm Springs, 702-260-4800: Watch the fights on one of 11 big screens: two 160-inch screens and nine 135-inch screens, or 40 of the 40-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include Dos Equis for $4.90 and tall Bud Lights for $4.20. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Horizon Ridge and 95, 702-564-5795: Watch the fights on one of nine 110-inch HD screens or 30 42-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include Dos Equis for $4.90 and tall Bud Lights for $4.20. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Las Vegas Blvd. and Windmill, 702-614-0238: Watch the fights on the huge 200-inch screen, one of eight 122-inch screens or 32 32-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include Dos Equis for $4.90 and tall Bud Lights for $4.20. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ 150 W. Centennial Pkwy, 702-649-3054: Watch the fights on 11 102-inch screens or 45 42-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include Dos Equis for $4.90 and tall Bud Lights for $4.20. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Craig and Commerce, 702-642-0055: Drink specials include Dos Equis for $4.90 and tall Bud Lights for $4.20. There is no cover charge, but a $10 food and beverage minimum applies per person.
• Cathouse, 702-262-4000: The cover charge is $60 at the door, $50 ahead of time. There are five TVs and the price for seating areas is $100- $300.
• Bonanza Lounge:, 702-452-7955: There is no cover charge. Drink specials include $1.50 drinks and there will be food specials as well as hat and t-shirt giveaways.
• Paradise Poker Club, 702-260-7891: Enjoy food from the Slidin’ Thru slider restaurant next door, which you can bring into the bar.
• Miller’s Ale House @ Town Square, 702-616-3414: Drink specials include $7 Miller Lite pitchers, $2.25 Miller beverages, $4.25 Leinenkugels, $5.95 Blue Moons and Guinness, $2 PBRs, $3 Foster pints, $2.95 single and $5 double Skyy Vodka drinks plus $65 bottles of Patron served with 5 Coronitas. There is a $10 cover charge.
• Gold Lounge @ Aria, 702-693-8300: The $50 admission fee will be waived with table reservations. Tables will start at a $500 food and beverage minimum.
• Revolution Lounge @ The Mirage, 702-692-8383: There will be a $20 cover charge.
• Cabo Wabo @ The Miracle Mile Shops, 702-385-2226: There will be a $20 cover charge. There will be eight screens downstairs and two large projector screens on both floors. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Scooter’s Pub Sports Bar & Grill @ 6200 S. Rainbow Blvd. 702-227-9047: There is no cover. Enjoy $2 Jell-O shots and $4 Jager shots plus giveaways and raffles during and after the fights..
• Sapphire Gentlemen’s Club, 702-869-0003: The $30 admission fee (or $20 for locals) includes food while the $70 package includes food, free limo transportation, a $50 drink card and VIP seating. There will be raffles and prizes plus $1 dances in between the fights.
• Blondies Sports Bar @ the Miracle Mile Shops, 702-737-0444: Watch the fight on their 6 ft. x 10 ft. projector screen. There is a $60 cover or table reservations are $80 per person and both prices include all-you-can-drink domestic draft beer.
• Lift Bar, 702-364-0306: Drink specials include $2 beers and assorted shot specials. The food special is a meatball sub for $5.75. There will also be drawings throughout the evening. There is a $10 cover charge which includes a $10 gift certificate for a later visit.
• Diablo’s @ Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, 702-730-7777: There is a $25 cover and you can watch the fights on a large projector screen and various other HD TVs throughout the venue.
• Rock & Rita’s @ Circus Circus, 702-691-5991: Commentary will be streamed throughout on the premium sound system and the fights will be shown throughout the venue on 22 HD flat screen TVs. There is no cover but a $20 minimum per person food and beverage applies.
• Lagasse’s Stadium @ Palazzo, 702-414-4895: Watch the fights on more than 100 flat screen TVs while enjoying chef Emeril Lagasse’s gourmet bar food. Food and beverage minimums apply for all seated areas. For reservations, please call 702-607-2665.After parties:
• After fight party at Gallery: Fighters Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Frank Mir will host at Gallery Nightclub following UFC 130.
• Official Heavy MMA After-Fight Party : Studio 54 welcomes BMX legend and host of MTV’s The Challenge, T.J. Lavin, Season 10 winner of Spike TV’s The Ultimate Fighter, Roy Nelson, MMA fighter Dan Hardy and UFC ring girl Brittney Palmer to host the Official Heavy MMA After-Fight Party featuring the sounds of DJ Kid Jay.
• Matt Hamill at Tabú: Tabú Ultra Lounge at MGM Grand welcomes Matt “The Hammer” Hamill to host a UFC 130 after-fight party following his highly anticipated bout against former UFC Champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. The Ultimate Fighter alum will party while DJ Mike Carbonell spins music all night.