Party tips from Tao’s Matt Pearson
Thu, Dec 27, 2012 (midnight)
1. Buy your tickets early. Prices can go up as it gets closer to the big night and special offers often sell out.
Happy New Year!
2. Consider a table. A table is a great option, because you get a home base and a place to relax after living it up on the dancefloor.
3. Look your best. Dress like you’re going to a nice show with someone special. New Year’s Eve is more than a night out in Vegas; it’s an event to celebrate an amazing year and toast to another great year to come with friends, family or a random club neighbor.
4. Don’t be fashionably late. Be sure to arrive early and take advantage of everything offered. Tao and Lavo have a premium open bar from 9 to 11 p.m. and heavily passed appetizers from 9 p.m. to midnight, plus a champagne toast.
5. And finally … A caveat to the above: Don’t overdo it before midnight. You want to remember that kiss when the clock strikes 12.