UFC 143: Where to watch in Las Vegas
Fri, Feb 3, 2012 (6:45 p.m.)
Photo: Sam Morris
The UFC helps put the “super” in Super Bowl Weekend with an important fight card the day before the football championship is decided. Given the prolonged injury of Georges St-Pierre, Nick Diaz will take on Carlos Condit for the interim heavyweight championship. Also on the fight card are bouts between Roy Nelson and Fabricio Werdum and between Josh Koscheck and Mike Pierce. Check below for the various local venues showing the fights.
Parties and fighter appearances:
Friday, Feb. 3:
OTM Fight Shops pre-fight party: OTM Fight Shops hosts a pre-fight party at LAX Nightclub with fighters Gray Maynard and Gilbert Yvel.
UFC 143 pre-party: Mandalay Bay welcomes mixed martial artists Urijah “The California Kid” Faber, Chael Sonnen, Mark Munoz and Chad Mendes when they host a pre-fight party at Eyecandy Sound Lounge & Bar.
Brittney Palmer calendar signing: UFC Octagon Girl Brittney Palmer will be doing a calendar signing from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Las Vegas Fight Shop. Calendars will be available for purchase at the event.
Saturday, Feb. 4:
Octagon Nation Tour: The Ultimate Fighting Championship brings the UFC experience to fans with the Octagon Nation Tour, an interactive tour stopping in cities around the country. Visitors can test their skills at the HDNet Punch Meter for a chance to win a trip to watch a taping of HDNet’s Inside MMA, check out the UFC gaming station featuring recently released UFC video games, meet UFC fighters, and visit the memorabilia exhibition highlighting 18 years of UFC history. On Friday, Feb. 3, from 4-6 p.m., catch the tour at the Harley Davidson shop on South Eastern Avenue. Fighters Shane Carwin, Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey to sign autographs from 5-6 pm. On Saturday, Feb. 4, the tour will be back at the dealership from noon to 6 p.m.
Georges St-Pierre meet and greet: Affliction hosts a meet and greet with UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre at the Las Vegas Fight Shop at the Miracle Mile Shops.
After fight party: Following UFC 143, UFC fighter Fabricio Werdum, hosts his after fight party at Tabu Ultralounge at the MGM Grand.
Nick Diaz's after-fight party: Nick Diaz will take on Carlos Condit for UFC 143, in the highly anticipated Interim Welterweight Championship matchup, and then he heads over to Gallery Nightclub for his after party.
Venues showing the fights:
Station Casinos viewing options:
• The Grand Ballroom @ Green Valley Ranch, 617-7777: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Cherry @ Red Rock Resort & Spa, 866-767-7773: The cover is $10 per person and doors open at 5 p.m. Ticket pre-sale beings at 5 p.m.
• The Grand Ballroom @ Palace Station, 367-2411: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 6 p.m.
• Access Showroom @ Aliante Station Casino, 692-7777: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Cancun Room @ Fiesta Henderson Casino, 567-7436: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• The Railhead @ Boulder Station, 432-7777: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 6 p.m. Enjoy $5 16 oz. beers and $20 100 oz. beer towers.
Other sports bar and casino bar options:
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Durango and Warm Springs, 260-4800: Watch the fights on one of 11 big screens (two 160-inch screens and nine 135-inch screens) or 40 of the 40-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include $2.50 Bud and Bud Light pints, $6.50 Stella Artois and $5.50 Killian’s Irish Red. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Horizon Ridge and 95, 564-5795: Watch the fights on one of nine 110-inch HD screens or 30 42-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include $4.50 tall Bud Lights, $6.50 Stella Artois and $5.50 Killian’s Irish Red. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Las Vegas Blvd. and Windmill, 614-0238: Watch the fights on the huge 200-inch screen, one of eight 122-inch screens or 32 32-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include $4.50 tall Bud Lights, $6.50 Stella Artois and $5.50 Killian’s Irish Red. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ 150 W. Centennial Pkwy, 649-3054: Watch the fights on 11 102-inch screens or 45 42-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include $4.00 tall Bud Lights, $6.50 Stella Artois and $5.50 Killian’s Irish Red. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings@ Craig and Commerce, 642-0055: Drink specials include $4.00 tall Bud Lights, $6.50 Stella Artois and $5.50 Killian’s Irish Red. There is no cover charge, but a $10 food and beverage minimum applies per person.
• Red Label Bar and Ultra Lounge @ 322 West Sahara, 382-6288: Drink specials include $2 PBR and Murphy’s Irish Stout. Food specials include complimentary hot dogs. Watch the fights on one of three large projector screens in the lounge area or on one of eight TVs in the bar. There is a $10 cover that includes the first drink.
• PTs Pub @ Buffalo and 215, 614-7673: There is a $10 cover. Drink specials include $4 Bud Light pints and $4.50 shots of Tequila 1800.
• Miller’s Ale House @ Town Square, 616-3414: Drink specials include $7 Miller Lite pitchers, $2.25 Miller beverages, $4.25 Leinenkugels, $5.95 Blue Moons and Guinness, $2 PBRs, $3 Foster pints, $2.95 single and $5 double Skyy Vodka drinks plus $65 bottles of Patron served with 5 Coronitas. There will be no cover charge but the fight sound will not come on until after the football playoff game ends.
• Deuce Lounge @ Aria, 693-8300: There will be a $25 cover charge per person that is waived with the purchase of a table which has a food and beverage minimum of $500.
• Cabo Wabo @ The Miracle Mile Shops, 385-2226: There will be a $20 cover charge. Enjoy the fights on eight screens downstairs and two large projector screens on both floors. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Scooter’s Pub Sports Bar & Grill @ 6200 S. Rainbow Blvd. 227-9047: There is no cover. Enjoy $2 Jell-O shots and $4 Jameson shots plus giveaways and raffles during the fights and a visit from the Jameson Girls.
• Sapphire Gentlemen’s Club, 869-0003: The $30 admission fee ($20 for locals) includes food while the $70 package includes food, free limo transportation, a $50 drink card and VIP seating. There will be raffles and prizes plus $1 dances in between the fights. Doors open at 6 p.m.
• Blondies Sports Bar @ the Miracle Mile Shops, 737-0444: Watch the fight on their 6-by-10-foot projector screen. There is a $40 cover, or table reservations are $60 per person and both prices include all-you-can-drink domestic draft beer. Reservations can be made at blondieslasvegas.com
• Lift Bar, 364-0306: Drink specials include $2 Lift Lagers, $4 Patron shots, and food specials include a chili dog ofr $4. There is a $10 cover charge, which includes two drinks.
• Diablo’s @ Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, 730-7777: There is a $25 cover and you can watch the fights on a large projector screen and various other HD TVs throughout the venue. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Kahunaville @ TI, 894-7390: There is a $25 food and beverage minimum per person.
• Rock & Rita’s @ Circus Circus, 691-5991: Commentary will be streamed throughout on the premium sound system and the fights will be shown throughout the venue on 22 HD flat screen TVs. There is no cover, but a $20 food and beverage minimum per person applies.