Events guide: Fashion’s Night Out 2012
Tue, Sep 4, 2012 (6 p.m.)
Fashion’s Night Out, created in 2009, is a annual event designed to celebrate fashion and boost the economy while putting the fun back in shopping. The global event has a Las Vegas component so read on to plan your shopping itinerary for September 6.
Before you hit Fashion’s Night Out, visit The Bungalow at 7024 W. Charleston Blvd. for Fashion's Day In, an exclusive shopping experience to benefit Dress for Success and its newly opened Southern Nevada Store. For a $20 donation, guests can receive exclusive access to the store plus boutique-wide discounts starting at 20% off. Guests can also enjoy light bites, wine and a swag bag plus complimentary makeup application from celebrity makeup artist DiDi. The event runs from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Fashion icon Patricia Field will host Fashion’s Night Out at Crystals at CityCenter. The Emmy Award-winning designer is known for her work with Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City and Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada. From 6-11 p.m., Crystals will offer in-store experiences and performances by the Nevada Ballet Theatre in the common areas. Models will be strolling the shopping and entertainment complex in the latest Fall fashions. Select retailers will celebrate with in-store activities including cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, DJs and photo booths. Participating retailers will donate a percentage of sales to their charity partners. That list includes:
• Assouline / Easter Seals Nevada
• Bottega Veneta / After-School All-Stars Las Vegas
• Brunello Cucinelli / The Pajama Program
• Dior / Jewish Federation of Las Vegas
• Donna Karan / United Way of Southern Nevada
• Fendi / Opportunity Village
• Jimmy Choo / Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
• Kiki de Montparnasse / UC San Diego Nevada Cancer Institute
• Marni / Lied Discovery Children’s Museum
• Paul Smith / Positively Arts Foundation
• Prada / Nathan Adelson Hospice
• Pucci / The Shade Tree Shelter
• Roberto Cavalli / The Public Education Foundation
• Stella McCartney / Nevada Ballet Theatre
• TAG Heuer / Keep Memory Alive
The Jewish Federation of Las Vegas presents a special event at Dior inside Crystals hosted by Dr. Hugh and Lisa Bassewitz, Dana Manacher, Cece Ventura and Vanessa Yerushalmi. Guests can enjoy a champagne reception from 7-9 p.m. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to The Jewish Federation of Las Vegas.
The Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood celebrate Fashion’s Night Out with special events at the following stores:
• At BCBGMaxazria, post your new look on Instagram and tag #BCBGFNO to compete for a chance to win a $1,000 BCBGMAXAZRIA wardrobe.
• Starting at 6 p.m., enjoy special discounts, music, light bites and refreshments at Bebe. Shoppers can receive a complimentary gift with any purchase of $100 or more.
• Stop by Guess and enjoy a live DJ and a complimentary gift with any $100 GUESS List purchase, while supplies last.
• At Guess by Marciano, M Loyalty Members can receive a jewelry travel case and $20 shopping card with any purchase of $125 or more.
• Visit Herve Leger from 6 -11 p.m. to enjoy a complimentary glass of champagne while you shop the latest styles from the fall 2012 collection.
• Enjoy complimentary sweet treats as you shop Lola’s favorite Fall 2012 styles.
• Join guests at Original Penguin for cocktails, light bites and an in-store DJ from 6 to 10 p.m. Post an Instagram photograph of yourself in the store on Fashion’s Night Out for a chance to win a complete fall 2012 look.
• At Steve Madden, receive a complimentary limited edition studded iPad case with any purchase.
• At Tommy Bahama, shop between 6 and 9 p.m. and receive a limited edition Tommy Bahama scarf, designed exclusively for Fashion’s Night Out, with any purchase of $50 or more.
• At Tous, enjoy up to 40 percent off select accessories, and receive a complimentary gift with any purchase of $250 or more.
• True Religion Brand Jeans debuts its True Religion Coated Denim Collection – exclusive printed treatments for women and bold masculine colors with a classic vintage feel for men. Enjoy refreshments along with an exclusive gift with any purchase, while supplies last.
The Shoppes at The Palazzo will host a FNO event featuring fashion expert, celebrity stylist and co-host of E!’s “Fashion Police,” George Kotsiopoulos. The event will take place from 6-8 p.m. near the Chloe rotunda. Guests can enter to win a $1,000 shopping spree, enjoy a Q&A session with Kotsiopoulos and peruse a selection of top fall picks from retailers at The Shoppes plus enter to win a trip for two to Hawaii.
Also at The Shoppes, Canyon Ranch SpaClub will have a pop-up salon inside the center, adjacent to Van Cleef & Arpels, featuring complimentary mini spa services along with a chance to register to win a $1,000 spa giveaway.
The Forum Shops at Caesars will host a FNO party from 6-11 p.m. including entertainment, refreshments, unique in-store events, giveaways, celebrity appearances, gifts, samples, and limited edition products. Guests can register to win one of three $500 shopping sprees to be given away near The Fountain of the Gods at 9 p.m.
• Enjoy DJs and refreshments at 7 For All Mankind, Bebe, DKNY, Ugg Australia and Y-3.
• If you’re still in British mode after the London Olympics, Ted Baker London will host a Brit-themed bash with British refreshments, music, and complimentary tote bags with any purchase.
• Giuseppe Zanotti’s soirée will feature a trunk show.
• Enjoy champagne and desserts at Emilio Pucci, Tory Burch and Brighton Collections.
• Enjoy specialty cocktails and light bites at Elie Tahari, Gucci, Scoop NYC, Tadashi and Valentino. Finish off the night with hot chocolate at Vosges Haut Chocolat.
• Many retailers are offering special discounts for Fashion’s Night Out including Antiquities, Baccarat, Bettie Page, Custo Barcelona, Gap, Intermix, Kiehl’s Since 1851 and Lacoste.
• Enjoy gifts with purchase at Agent Provocateur, Donald J Pliner, Hublot, Judith Leiber, Roman Times, Thomas Pink, True Religion, Y-3, Vilebrequin and for M loyalty members at Guess by Marciano.
• Inglot will also offer a gift with purchase, as well as a free makeover.
• At Fresh, enjoy a complimentary facial as well as your gift with purchase and register-to-win a gift bag.
• Juicy Couture will offer a gift with purchase, as well as a chance to sample their new fragrance launching at Fashion’s Night Out, Viva La Juicy La Fleur.
• Get a limited edition scarf exclusively designed for FNO as a gift with purchase at Tommy Bahama and Tommy Bahama Women.
• Dior Beauty will offer makeup demonstrations.
• Anne Fontaine will offer makeup demonstrations plus a register-to-win giveaway.
• Sephora will offer makeup demonstrations plus samples, makeup express service and MAC Cosmetics for a free makeup application with purchase.
• Blink Optical, De Beers, Judith Ripka, Kate Spade and Michael Kors will all offer raffles.
• Vegas Magazine will sponsor a photo booth at Marc by Marc Jacobs.
• Enjoy free astrology and Chinese tarot card readings at Eric Andrew Collection.
• Fendi hosts a “Crazy Carat” showcase.
• Pal Zileri hosts a trunk show.
• Many of The Forum Shops restaurants are also offering promotions. Enjoy a Chocolate Stiletto drink special at Max Brenner – Chocolate by the Bald Man, a complimentary appetizer with purchase of a specialty cocktail at The Palm Las Vegas, discounted cocktails at Planet Hollywood Restaurant & Bar and Sushi Roku, specialty drinks at Trevi Italian Restaurant and Spago, complimentary fare by Il Mulino New York at Judith Ripka, and a special menu at Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab with a donation of $1 to Three Square for every piece of seasonal pie ordered.
Trump International Hotel is partnering with nearby Fashion Show Mall to celebrate FNO with the ultimate shopping weekend. The FNO room package offers $10 off prevailing room rates, complimentary drinks at DJT Bistro and Lounge, VIP seating at Fashion Show’s runway events on Sept. 6, VIP access to Tao and Lavo Nightclub Sept. 6-9 plus a FNO event guide listing 100+ in-store events and special offers available throughout the weekend.