How well do you know James Bond? Take the Weekly quiz
Wed, Sep 5, 2012 (5:14 p.m.)
1. M has been played by several actors through the years. Who played the character in the first Bond film, Dr. No?
2. Who holds the record for performing the most Bond theme songs, with three? Bonus points: What three films are they from?
3. Harold Sakata, who played the immortal derby-throwing Odd Job in Goldfinger, won a silver medal in the 1948 Olympics. What was the sport?
4. Name the three actors who played criminal mastermind Blofeld.
5. Only one Bond theme song topped the Billboard Hot 100. What was it?
6. Perhaps the most famous gadget in all of Bond lore is his Aston Martin DB5. In how many Bond films has this legendary car appeared?
7. Name the only actress to appear as a Bond girl in two films.
8. What actor has portrayed James Bond the most times?
9. What does SPECTRE stand for?
Fall A+E Guide
- Fall A+E Guide: Concerts
- Fall A+E Guide: Albums
- Fall A+E Guide: Movies
- Fall A+E Guide: TV
- Fall A+E Guide: Books
- Fall A+E Guide: Culture
- My list: Weekly designer Corlene Byrd digs through the Killers catalog
- Q&A: Bay Area garage-rocker Ty Segall
- Who was Ralph Lamb?
- On the dawning of Vegas’ new neon age
10. Bond films are well known for their opening sequences. How many of those have featured a parachute?
Answers: 1. Bernard Lee played the first M. He would play the role up until Moonraker. 2. Shirley Bassey. The three films are Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever and Moonraker. 3. Weightlifting. 4. Donald Pleasance (You Only Live Twice), Telly Savalas (On Her Majesty’s Secret Service) and Charles Gray (Diamonds Are Forever). 5. 'A View to a Kill," performed by Duran Duran. 6. Six films: Goldfinger, Thunderball, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and Casino Royale. It will make its seventh appearance in Skyfall. 7. Maud Adams (The Man With the Golden Gun, Octopussy). 8. It’s a tie between Roger Moore and Sean Connery, with seven. If you don’t count Never Say Never Again (Connery’s 1983 unofficial remake of Thunderball), however, Moore wins. 9. The Special Executive for Counterintelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion. 10. Three: The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker and Licence to Kill.