- A woman for all seasons
- Las Vegas
- Bartender, Pool at the Hard Rock
- A hometown girl! Jessica enjoys what is quite possibly one of the sexiest jobs in this sexy city of ours. (Except perhaps for being mayor. That job’s pretty damn sexy.) Every Sunday, Jessica serves up adult-sized sippy cups of rummy frozen goodness at Rehab and then does it all over again Monday at Relax industry pool party.
- Why I do what I do:
- “I enjoy being outside in the elements; the four walls of an office seem to confine me. I enjoy meeting new people everyday; I have made some great friends from the guests I have served throughout the years here. I am a very active person, so I enjoy the manual-labor aspect of the position and being hands-on with the job requirements.”
- Personal tidbit:
- So inspired was she after reading The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, both of which vividly portray the the struggles of women in Afghani culture, that Jessica has decided to pursue a master’s degree in women’s studies, followed by a Ph.D., and then go on to teaching at the college level. She is interested in improving communication between the sexes. “I think it is so important for young men and women to learn and have an understanding of the social differences that lie between us.” Think about that, gentlemen, the next time you are tempted to shout “Hey, sweetheart!” at the bar.
- What I’m reading:
- The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears, by Dinsaw Mengestu. Latest accomplishment: Keep your fingers crossed; in pursuit of that master’s and Ph.D., Jessica is eagerly awaiting word back from the colleges to which she has applied. Ultimately, she hopes her studies will bring her to California. Quote: “What goes around comes around!”
Also, a new Goth night at Velveteen Rabbit.
Also, a one-off, fairy-tale-themed gay party at Hard Rock Hotel.
The property's new mixologist walks the line between geeking out and pleasing the people.
- Get More Nightlife Stories