Managing Editor Ric covered beats ranging from police and courts to major-college sports before becoming a news columnist, opinion editor and now a news editor. Anderson spent 25 years with The Lawrence (Kan.) Journal-World and The Topeka (Kan.) Capital-Journal. He is a runner and a motorcyclist.
Call Ric at 702-259-2333.
Recent Stories (view all stories)
- Living a high-speed dream just north of the Strip
- Thursday, May 16, 2013
- Don’t be surprised if you walk away with a surge of adrenaline and maybe even a tinge of invincibility.
- Speed demons: Meet six Las Vegans who know their way around an accelerator
- Thursday, May 16, 2013
- The Valley is home to a diverse collection of racers and motorsports performers.
- Signs of life: Is Las Vegas moving beyond the recession?
- Thursday, March 28, 2013
- From the patio dining area of Tacos El Gordo on Las Vegas Boulevard, there’s a view of the city’s past five agonizing years, its uncertain present and its possibly exhilarating future. Look, past the roadside signs for the tattoo parlor, smoke shop and foot reflexology joint in the strip mall between Encore and the Riviera. There, stark against the desert sky and the western mountains, are the skeletons of two unfinished buildings on the former Echelon property, one made of concrete, one of steel and both abandoned when the recession took down Las Vegas’ economy.
- Rolling the dice: A look at some of the most famous — and infamous — weddings in Las Vegas history
- Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013
- After their May 1967 wedding at the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas, Elvis and Priscilla Presley spent only six years as a married couple before divorcing in 1973.
- Hundreds of thousands ring in 2013 in Las Vegas
- Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013
- With fireworks, fanfare and frivolity, Las Vegas once again showed the world Monday night how to put on a New Year's Eve party as 300,000-plus New Year's Eve revelers on the Las Vegas Strip and Fremont Street braved sub-freezing temperatures to toast the first few ticks of 2013.
- Blog: Celebrating New Year's Eve, Vegas style
- Monday, Dec. 31, 2012
- Despite a nip in the air as temperatures drop into the 30s, Las Vegas is giving its traditional warm New Year's Eve welcome to hundreds of thousands of visitors tonight throughout the Strip and in the downtown's Fremont Street. As the expected gathering of some 314,000 revelers celebrate, Sun reporters and photographers will be capturing the sights and sounds of celebration.
- Warning! Do not attempt this Las Vegas motorcyclist's tricks at home
- Nick Brocha: 'I’ve always enjoyed the controlled chaos of things'
- Monday, Nov. 26, 2012
- Las Vegas resident Nick Brocha makes his living riding motorcycles in ways that scream for a "don't try this at home" warning — including while standing on his head, or balancing on the bike on one foot while steering with the other. But he says he's not a daredevil. Brocha, of Henderson, is one of the most accomplished competitors in the niche sport of freestyle riding. The 34-year-old performs at bike shows and competitions worldwide for appearance fees and prize money.