Recent Stories (view all stories)
- Stranger in a red scarf
- Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013
- Danielle Kelly’s encounter with the man of her dreams—or was he?
- The CAC's latest exhibit, 'Garden of Forking Paths,' thrills even as it bewilders
- Wednesday, July 4, 2012
- The collaborative showing is on display through August 18.
- Enter PIN, buy art at 'ATM Pop Up'
- The Jerry Misko-curated exhibit is affordably eclectic
- Wednesday, June 20, 2012
- The Jerry Misko-curated exhibit is affordably eclectic.
- Stephen Hendee's magical new exhibit
- Wednesday, June 6, 2012
- If the diaphanous, color-inflected polyhedrons seem familiar, they should.
- A picture's worth a few stitched words in Whitmore's 'Hello Sweetie'
- Wednesday, May 23, 2012
- Words and pictures are merged—literally—in Kleven Contemporary's latest show
- The second 'Object Builders' student art exhibit feels as fearless and infectious as the first
- Wednesday, May 9, 2012
- It seems UNLV and CSN have some talented artists on campus.
- Fine art review: Kristine McCallister's 'Coming of Age'
- Wednesday, April 25, 2012
- An examination of human maturity—featuring paper dolls.
- Art review: Miguel Rodriguez's 'So Sincere'
- Wednesday, April 11, 2012
- His formal devices are there, but there’s no coherent message.
- A slew of fresh faces makes the CAC’s 23rd Annual Juried Show a wildly varied experience
- Wednesday, March 28, 2012
- Weekly art critic Danielle Kelly says: 'While I confess to not loving much of the work, I love that so much of it is completely and utterly unique.'
- Fred Mitchell's 'Tangents' photos expertly probe accident scenes
- Wednesday, March 14, 2012
- Put yourself on a collision course with this Fifth Wall Gallery exhibition.
Recent Blog Posts (view all entries)
- Libby Lumpkin leaves Las Vegas Art Museum
- Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2008
- Libby Lumpkin’s unexpected resignation as director of the Las Vegas Art
Museum has dealt a shocking blow to the arts community. In three short
years, Lumpkin turned a relatively conservative, if not provincial,
institution into a vital contemporary art museum.