Photographer Leila Navidi has been a staff photographer at the Las Vegas Sun since 2007. Before the Sun, she worked at the Gazette in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and for the Greenspun Media Group publication, The News. She hails from the great state of Maryland, where, growing up, she enjoyed dressing up her friends and photographing them inside old barns. She obtained her B.A. in Applied Photography at Rochester Institute of Technology, in sunny Rochester, N.Y. Leila loves living in Las Vegas because it is quirky, unpredictable, colorful, shiny, bright, sunny, hot, sweaty, and bold. In her free time, she enjoys car camping, eating frozen pizza, running, reading and traveling to the far reaches of the continental United States.
Call Leila at 702-259-4079.
Recent Stories (view all stories)
- Stay cool with Wet 'n' Wild pics
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013
- Stop taking photos of your car temperature readout.
- A Vegas Knight's moment of peace, with a Blizzard
- Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- If you think high school's tough, try riding in the Tournament of Kings.
- 'I do' in a giant fish tank
- Wednesday, April 24, 2013
- It was also one of the most fun and funky ceremonies I’ve photographed during my time in this wedding-heavy town.
- This job is bananas
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013
- Rainy days can be hell on your peel.
- The cutest lion: 'Sometimes he dances, and sometimes he refuses'
- Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013
- Traditional dance marks the beginning of the Year of the Snake.
- Watching cosmetic surgery is kind of like Photoshopping
- Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013
- Chronicling live cosmetic surgery is slightly grotesque, and yet very reassuring.
- Showgirl and boy tryouts generate plenty of sweat and nervous energy
- Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013
- Both Jubilee! and Chippendales held auditions this month.
- Photographing the porn convention
- Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013
- We can only show so much to our readers.
- Girl’s flag football is nothing to snicker at
- Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2012
- Give me girl’s flag football over Friday night lights any day.
- Superstition abounds at county coroner's office
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012
- Journalists are good luck? If you say so.