Photographer Sam Morris is an Iowa native who made his way to Las Vegas 11 years ago after beginning his career as a freelance photographer in San Francisco. It was in San Francisco that he met his fabulous wife and started a family that grew to include three delightful girls. While he doesn't prefer to shoot one subject over another (he's still surprised people pay him to take photos), he tries to find the quirky, humorous, subtle or graphic in what he covers.
Call Sam at 702-259-4089.
Recent Stories (view all stories)
- UFC's fight of the night
- Wednesday, April 17, 2013
- The skill, resilience and ferocity shown by Zingano and Tate had me thinking that theirs would be the fight of the night
- What it takes to finish the Las Vegas Spartan Race
- Wednesday, April 10, 2013
- To reach that cup of water and banana, the modern-day Spartans had to leap over a fire pit, then run through a gauntlet of people swinging pugil sticks like Ted Williams
- Catwalk camera equals awesome dunk photos
- Wednesday, March 27, 2013
- Enjoy these dunks by Anthony Bennett; you might not get to see them anymore.
- Behold! The Canine Olympics
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013
- The canine athleticism and unbridled joy on display made my job effortless.
- High school kids are the worst
- Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013
- When it's state basketball tournament time, anything can be turned into a taunt.
- For UFC fighters, blood will spill. Sometimes it flies
- Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013
- The symmetrical spheres contrasting with the mess of blood coming from his nose made for an interesting image.
- Scoring touchdowns and defying stereotypes
- Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2012
- Get a deeper look at the Canyon Springs High School football team from the Las Vegas Sun.
- Chaotic situations often unfold in war and on the basketball court
- Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012
- When the Runnin' Rebels hit the court, there's no telling what will happen next.
- The lure of Thunderbirds
- Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2012
- ” I’ve pulled my car over a couple times to enjoy what almost seemed like a private show."
- The art of ink on skin has come a long way
- Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2012
- It's hard to decide what to focus on at Mario Barth' Biggest Tattoo Show on Earth.
Recent Blog Posts (view all entries)
- Convention security tight, but polite
- Wednesday, Sept. 3, 2008
- ST. PAUL, Minn. — Threatened by hotel security with eviction if I shot (photos) or interviewed anyone else in the hotel.
- Surprise: Clinton carrying Paris Las Vegas, 2 to 1
- Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008
- The Elko numbers
- Friday, Jan. 18, 2008